4 C vegetable broth
2 C chicken broth
2 T flour
1 C milk (I only had soy milk and it was fine)
1 egg yolk
2 T butter
4 large dill pickles, shredded
1 C brine, from the pickle jar
3 boiled sliced potatoes
some white pepper, and salt.
1. Heat broth in a large pot.
2. Combine flour and milk, add to broth, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
(Found I had to use a handblender for this and step 3 to make the ingredients mix properly).
3. Combine egg yolk and butter and stir into broth.
4. Add pickles, pickle liquid and potatoes.
5. Return pot to the stove and heat through without boiling.
6. Garnish with dill, if desired.
This recipe is derived from one from Recipezaar.