To prepare the tandoori:
1/2 C plain yogurt
1/2 lemon (juice)
1/2 small onion (grated)
1 T garlic (grated)
1 T ginger (grated)
1 T garam masala
1 T hot smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin (toasted and ground)
1 tsp coriander (toasted and ground)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
salt to taste
1 pound chicken (boneless and skinless, but into 1 inch pieces)
1. Mix all of the ingredients save the chicken.
2. Place the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably several hours to overnight.
3. Pull the chicken from the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and skewer it.
4. Grill the chicken until cooked, about 3-5 minutes per side.
To prepare the salsa:
Mix together roughly two cups of watermelon diced with about one cup of ripe pear diced. Add about a third of a cup of red pepper finely chopped and one seeded serrano pepper finely chopped.
In a jar mix the juice of a couple of limes, about one half of a teaspoon of sugar and a little salt. Shake well and then add to watermelon mixture. Make sure it all gets mixed together.
Place some salsa on a fajita tortilla, add a skewers worth of chicken, spritz the chicken with just a little soy sauce, wrap, and take a bite.
The tandoori aspect of this comes directly from Kevin at Closet Cooking; everything else was me (Paul).