1 small to medium size watermelon
1.5 T honey
1 T fresh lemon juice
goat cheese (feta)
1. Take 1.5 C watermelon and puree. Though similar recipes ask you to strain this, there is no need and I suspect some flavour and food value is lost if you do.
2. Simmer puree over heat until reduced more than half.
3. Stir in the honey, the lemon juice, a little salt and some source of chili heat (I used a Japanese mix but any chili heat without a strong flavour would do). Chill for at least two hours.
4. Cover beets in olive oil and place in oven proof container. Put in a little water, cover with tin foil and bake at 400 for 1 to 3 hours. Until a fork goes in easily.
5. Remove beets, let cool, and then peel and cube.
6. Cube the rest of the watermelon and mix with the beets.
7. Toss salad with dressing.
8. Plate and then strew feta over each plate.
-this salad is remarkable refreshing, and very very red, which was the theme of this particular dinner.