* 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
* 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
* 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
* 1 to 2 T freshly grated orange zest
* 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 12 jumbo shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and deveined
* 2 T olive oil
* 2 teaspoon minced garlic
* 2 T spiced rum and or dark rum
* 1/2 C fresh orange juice
* 1 T torn fresh mint
* 1 T chopped fresh cilantro
Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Toast 2 to 3 minutes or until aromatic. Remove from heat, and cool completely. Grind to a rough, coarse ground in a spice grinder. Combine fresh ground spices with orange zest, thyme, and salt. Rub spice mixture over shrimp.
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add garlic, reduce heat to medium, and cook shrimp 2 to 3 more minutes on each side, or until pink and cooked through.
Add rum and orange juice. Cook 1 minute, and stir in mint and cilantro. Reduce somewhat and then pour thickened mixture over
Adapted from MyRecipes.com
ps. this was phenomenal!