From Linette Green’s “A Taste of Cuba”
1 – 3lb frying chicken, cut in half
12 garlic cloves, minced
¼ C lime juice
1 tsp ground cumin 1 cup white wine
1 tsp salt
1 small onion
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ C olive oil
1. Rub the chicken with the mince garlic.
2. In the workbowl of a food processor, place all the remaining ingredients except the olive oil. Pulse until the onions and shallots are liquefied.
3. Place the chicken in a glass bowl, pour the marinade over the top and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. Remove the chicken from the marinade and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. In a frying pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. When pan is hot, brown chicken on both sides, one half at a time.
6. Remove and place in a shallow roasting pan, skin side up and roast 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Cut chicken into serving pieces and serve immediately.